i had a lovely Mother's Day, how about you? i spent the weekend planting flowers and getting our yard all prettied up.
Everyone pitches in and helps Mom...spreading mulch, cutting in flower beds and power washing the deck and nobody complains...happy Mom's Day to me! i look forward to this weekend all winter long!
Katie came home from school. She's out for summer! The boys only have 3 weeks of school left and we are gearing up for a graduation party, too. Lots going on around here!
Aside from the yard work help, my kiddos know the way to my heart is something handmade...
Riley made this sign and set his alarm for super early Sunday morning so he could hang it up on the front porch. He was so bummed to discover it had rained overnight and everything was wet. So, he hung it over the fireplace, instead. ♥
Katie made these cuties...
I made something homemade for my Mama, too. I was inspired by this on Pinterest.
Those are all of her grandbabies...
Katie, Riley & Luke
Griffin & Ben
Sam, Megan & Cole
It was a pretty simple DIY
I searched high and low for flower pots that were smooth without a lip and finally settled on these simple paint cans from Lowe's. I think they were $2.99 each.
They were silver metal and i simply spray primed and painted each one.
- My hubs drilled 3 smallish holes in the bottom of each one for drainage.
I asked my sisters to send me face pics of the kids and asked them to fill the frame with their faces. I had the pics printed at CVS and cut them out.
- I trimmed the top of their heads off below their hairline
- I applied mod podge to the surface to adhere the picture to the pot and allowed it to dry.
- Then, i covered the picture and entire pot with mod podge, using horizontal strokes around the pot. Again, allow to dry thoroughly.
- I sprayed them with an acrylic clear coat. Dry.
- I filled them with potting soil and succulents.
My Mom has a VERY green thumb and loved these little additions to her porch and gardens.
Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mom... (i have always loved this picture of her!)
and to Mark's Mom in heaven...we sure missed celebrating you yesterday.
to mommies everywhere...you are awesome!
My friend shared this with me yesterday. So cute...and true.