Oh, what i would give for that cookie right now...but i gave up sweets for Lent. ...small sacrifice...
Well, a first for me today...I have been "tagged" by my new blogging friend, Christina. She is a fantastic vintage-inspired artist. You can visit her blog and link to her etsy shop here: www.mytangerinedreams.blogspot.com. So, Christina tagged me and i'm supposed to tell 5 things about myself that are oddities or quirks, reference my tagger, and then tag 5 more bloggers and let them know that I've tagged them via comment or email. So, here are the first of my quirks/oddities that come to mind:
- I was born in NY, and moved to the midwest when I was 9. However, my kids swear that when i get mad, my NY accent comes out. I'm not really sure how that could be, but they always point it out to me and can't help but giggle about it.
- I am a pop culture trivia junkie. I don't know how, but i do have a rather large memory bank for useless trivia. I LOVE the shows "Cash Cab" and VH1's "World Series of Pop Culture". My sister and I love a good celebrity gossip magazine, too. I have a knack for remembering commercial jingles and song lyrics. I can't help my 6th grader with his math homework, but I do still remember all the words to the "preposition" song that i had to learn in 7th grade to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy. Why? I don't know!
- My stupid human trick: I can make my eyeballs shake.
- I LOVE to sing my heart out to the radio in the car. I have a terrible voice, but it doesn't stop me. I have been busted more than once at a stoplight by the car next to me, laughing hysterically at me.
- I'm a sucker for a good sweepstakes or chance to win anything. I won tickets to see Michael Jackson in the 80's (before he became a freak) on the radio, a trip to the Bahamas in the 90's on the radio, and i'm going to win HGTV's dream house this weekend!!!!! Oh yes, i am.
Ok, so, pathetically, i don't know many in the blogging world, but i'm going to tag my cousin, Jeannine at http://blog.creativejuicestudios.com/ . She just started blogging, too. She makes the most beautiful quilts, pillows and an assortment of hand-sewn accessories. And...i'm tagging Jenny at http://jennyelkins.blogspot.com/ . You can see some of her latest work on my blog if you scroll down. She has been wanting to jump back into her blog after taking some time off and this will be the perfect jump start she needs.